With the many advances in technology, homeowners have a lot more choices in energy-efficient equipment and accessories. Even something as simple as air filters come in many varieties. Here are the some of the types of air filters you may be able to use for your HVAC equipment.
- Economy panel filters – These come in a pack of four or five and are relatively inexpensive. The downside is that you get what you pay for. These filters simply do not filter much at all and you will probably be replacing them once a month as well.
- Pleated filters – Pleated filters, which can last from three to six months, are from 10% to 60% more efficient than conventional AC filters.
- Electrostatic filters – These are both energy-efficient and cost-effective. They may cost a little more but can typically be washed and reused.
- Electronic filters – These filters can get dusty quickly, but it typically does not negatively impact airflow. To clean them, you remove the cells, soak them in cleaner, rinse and reuse.
- HEPA filters – Although HEPA filters are the most efficient, you will likely pay a premium for these filters.
Keep your HVAC equipment at optimal efficiency!