For over 75 years, homeowners in the Hamilton area have trusted HAMCO to install, maintain, and repair their furnaces. Our expert team of HVAC technicians is always ready to help the city of Hamilton and surrounding areas with furnace service and repair, including annual preventative maintenance and inspections, emergency furnace repairs, and necessary furnace service. For the best quality installation and care every time, trust HAMCO.
Emergency Furnace Repair
Regardless of day or time, every homeowner deserves a working and effective furnace. If you experience a furnace breakdown or you’re in need of any type of emergency furnace repair, you can count on HAMCO to help 24/7, 365 days a year. Whether it be a holiday, an evening, or a weekend, there’s no furnace emergency that a HAMCO technician can’t handle.
Furnace maintenance is an essential part of owning a furnace. By scheduling annual preventative maintenance with our team of expert technicians, you’re elongating the lifespan of your furnace, saving money on future repairs and energy bills, and keeping your home as comfortable as possible. For best results, make sure to schedule preventative furnace maintenance and service with HAMCO once a year before the winter begins.
Book Furnace Service Now
At HAMCO, we are committed to ‘doing it right’ the first time and ensure the full completion of jobs in a timely fashion. Fill out the form below and one of our certified experts will follow up with you as soon as we can.
Common Furnace Problems
Like any appliance that is heavily relied on, general wear and tear can make a furnace work less effectively and present certain problems. For more information, here’s a short list of what our technicians commonly experience when fixing home furnaces:
- Clogged drain lines
- Unusual or loud sounds
- Unusual smells or odours, like burning
- Clogged furnace filter (ensure you’re changing your furnace filter at least once every 30 days)
- Faulty ignitions
- Faulty thermostat or dead batteries in thermostat
- Broken limit switches
- Furnace cycling between on and off without reason
Troubleshooting Your Furnace
While our expert technicians are always just a phone call away and eager to help, there are some things that homeowners can do to troubleshoot their furnace before calling for emergency repairs. We never recommend that an unlicensed person attempt furnace repair on their own as this can be detrimental to their health, there are a few things that a homeowner can do to ensure their furnace truly does need expert intervention. Before calling the experts at HAMCO make sure to try these steps:
- Double-check that your thermostat is set to HEAT and not COOL
- Replace the batteries in your thermostat
- Make sure that your furnace switch wasn’t accidentally turned off (this can be common because often furnace switches look just like regular light switches)
- Check that your furnace hasn’t tripped its breaker
- Make sure the front panel door is securely shut
- Change your furnace filter
- Open all vents in your home
- Ensure that your furnace’s external intake pipe is not clogged with leaves or snow
- Be sure your furnace switch is labelled
- External pipes (intake and exhaust) are not blocked, i.e. leaves, plastic bags, snow