We’re here to help!
HAMCO is proud to offer 24/7 Emergency Service.
CALL: (905) 527-1049
If you live in Hamilton, you can have peace of mind knowing that if your HVAC system experiences a sudden breakdown or major disrepair, your local HVAC technicians at HAMCO are just a call away! Available at any time, day or night, you can count on the technicians at HAMCO to provide you with quality emergency repair when you need it the most.
Did you know that HAMCO offers protection plans?
It’s the easiest way to stay on top of the systems that provide your home comfort year-round.
Our plans offer:
– Low Monthly Payment Options – Offers financial flexibility with plans starting as low at $19.99!
– Peace of Mind – Regular inspections and cleanings help keep your heating and cooling systems running safely and at peak efficiency while keeping your manufacturer warranties valid.
– Licensed Technicians – Our technicians are fully-licensed and qualified, trained professionals—your heating and cooling system is in great hands.
– Flexible Coverage – We offer 3 different protection plans that were designed to fit your needs and budget. Contact us today!
Efficient HVAC Technicians You Can Trust
At HAMCO, we understand the importance of a working HVAC system all year long. This is why we treat your need for emergency repair as if it were our own. With over 75 years of operation in Hamilton and several generations of happy customers, you can trust HAMCO to fix your HVAC system quickly and professionally every time.
All of our HAMCO technicians are licenced, trained, and knowledgeable, available during the day, the night, and on holidays, and we provide our customers with straightforward and transparent pricing. These qualities allow us to confidently say that your HVAC system will be repaired properly the first time, guaranteed.
How Long Does An Air Conditioner Last
The average lifespan of the average central air conditioner is between 15 and 20 years of age. While between 15 and 20 years is a decent amount of time, there are ways that we can help to prolong the life of our air conditioners and avoid a sudden need for emergency repair altogether. Some ways that you can help to prolong the lifespan of your air conditioner include:
- Changing your air filter at least once every 90 days
- Scheduling annual preventive maintenance
- Keeping your outdoor unit clean and free of debris
- Calling for repairs as soon as you notice something is wrong
- Installing a smart thermostat
Signs You Need To Book AC Repair
When you first install your new air conditioning system, it’s important to pay attention to its behaviour to discern what is normal and abnormal. If you have a good understanding of your AC, you can better tell when it’s time to call for emergency repair. Some common signs that your air conditioner could use repair include:
- Abnormal or very loud noises
- Unusual or unpleasant smells
- Water leaking around the outdoor unit
- Ice forming around the indoor unit
- Increased utility bills
- Uneven cooling
- Continuous short-cycling
Signs Your Furnace Needs Replacement
While it’s understandable that most homeowners want to get the most out of their current furnace before investing in a new one, it’s important to know when to let go of your current furnace and finally replace it. Choosing to replace an old or inefficient furnace often leads to the homeowner saving money on energy bills and repair. The most common signs that your furnace needs to be replaced include:
- Your furnace is over fifteen years of age
- You notice rust, corrosion, or general deterioration on your furnace
- Your energy bills are beginning to become more expensive
- Your furnace is in constant need of repair and maintenance
- Your home isn’t being kept consistently warm or there is a presence of cold spots where there once weren’t
- Your furnace is making several strange and loud noises including hissing, popping, or rattling
What To Do Before Calling For Emergency Furnace Repair
When you notice that your furnace isn’t working, it can be very easy to panic and immediately call for emergency repair. However, sometimes your furnace isn’t working due to a very simple and easily fixable issue or mistake. Before calling for emergency repair, first, try these easy tasks:
- Ensure that your furnace wasn’t accidentally switched off
- Ensure that your thermostat wasn’t accidentally set to COOL instead of HEAT
- Change your furnace filter
- Check to see if your furnace tripped its breaker
- Check to see if you need to change your thermostat’s batteries
- Ensure that your furnace’s exterior intake pipe isn’t blocked with snow, leaves, or other natural debris