- Posted by admin
- On July 24, 2019
- AC Maintenance, air conditioner, HAMCO, HVAC Tips, repair
The middle of summer is about the time we start to receive numerous inquiries about air conditioner repair. These are the most common questions our customers have about scheduling an AC service call.
What’s the cause of my air conditioner problem?
It’s impossible to diagnose an air conditioner problem over the phone, which is why we need to send a certified technician out to your home to run diagnostics and identify the source of the issue. However, there are a few common culprits of AC problems that you could check before calling for AC service.
- Check your furnace filter to see if it needs to be changed. A clogged filter can restrict airflow and cause the air conditioner to overheat and shut down.
- Ensure that your thermostat is working properly. Check that batteries don’t have to be replaced and that it’s set COOL.
- Go outside and see if there’s anything obstructing the outdoor unit. A buildup of leaves or an overgrown shrub could affect airflow and cause AC issues.
How much will AC repair cost?
Cost will depend on a number of factors including the part that needs to be replaced and the labour required to complete the repair. Note, if the air conditioner is still under manufacturer warranty, the replacement part could be free of charge. Additionally, if you have a HAMCO Protection Plan, you’re eligible to receive up to $950 in parts and labour coverage annually* and up to 3 no-charge diagnostics.
How long will it take for someone to get to our home?
We aim to provide speedy service to all our customers. When you call our office, you’ll be able to speak to a representative (no automated call centres) who will advise you of the first available appointment. If you’re a HAMCO Protection Plan member, we offer priority service within 24-hours.
If you’re experiencing issues with your air conditioner,
don’t hesitate to contact HAMCO Heating & Cooling Ltd.
Are you enrolled in a HAMCO Protection Plan? Register today and save money on future maintenance, repair and service. Contact us for more information!
HAMCO Heating & Cooling Ltd. has been serving the heating and air conditioning needs of Hamilton, Burlington, Oakville, Grimsby and Brantford areas since 1946.
* Heat exchanger or condenser/compressor not included