Reminder: Change Furnace Filters
Many furnace problems and furnace repairs can be avoided by simply changing furnace filters regularly. When filters get dirty and clogged, they can cause a host of problems. However, many homeowners forget to head to the mechanical room on a regular basis to check and change the filter.
HAMCO Heating & Cooling Ltd. wants to take this time
to remind all Hamilton homeowners to check and change furnace filters today!
We recommend that you check filters monthly and replace them as needed. The type of filter you use and your home’s environment will dictate how often you should change furnace filters—however, most need replacing every 30 to 60 days. When you check the filter, you’ll know it needs to be replaced if any of the following applies:
- Dust, dirt and grime are more visible than the filter.
- If you can’t see through the filter when holding it up to a light.
- If you start sneezing as soon as the filter comes out.
If you’re on the fence about replacement, err on the side of caution and install a new filter.
Remember these helpful tips when replacing your furnace filter:
- Always turn the power off before removing and replacing the filter.
- Look for the arrows on the filter and make sure they face towards the furnace and away from the return duct.
- Stock up on filters so that when you need to change it, you know you won’t have to run to the store.
The type of HVAC filter you use matters. Make sure you’re choosing the right product for your needs and meets the specifications of your heating system.
HAMCO Heating & Cooling Ltd. has been serving Hamilton and the surrounding area for over 70 years! We’re fully committed to providing reliable heating and cooling installation and repair to residential, and commercial customers.