5 Signs You Need an Air Conditioner Replacement
Taking your air conditioner for granted is easy; you get out of the hot, sticky outdoors into your cool, comfortable home. But as the years go on, your air conditioner’s effectiveness begins to wane and eventually it calls it quits. When it starts to fail, the discomfort you and your family feel is almost immediate, so you’ll need to consider an air conditioner replacement!
To help you avoid the stress of no air conditioning in your home, we’ve compiled a list of five signs that you might need a new air conditioner so you can replace it before it completely stops working.
- The air it’s blowing just isn’t cold enough anymore. If your air conditioner is over 10 years old and isn’t making your home a nice, cool temperature, it’s time to consider a change.
- On that note, the temperature in your home is inconsistent while your air conditioner is running. If your unit is unable to keep your home at a consistent cool temperature for as long as it’s running, it’s a sign that it may be the improper size and is definitely running inefficiently.
- You are pouring money into constant repairs. If you’ve noticed that something seems to break down in the unit frequently, you should stop! Repairs are costly and can add up to an amount that you’ll regret spending when you could have purchased a new, more efficient unit instead!
- Your energy bills are increasing. No matter how much you’ve cleaned and maintained your air conditioner, the efficiency is low and the bills keep climbing. Purchasing a new unit will see a significant decrease in utility bills.
- Smells and emissions are coming from the unit. If your air conditioner is over 10 years old and releasing any fumes, or emitting loud sounds, it’s breaking down fast and will most likely need to be replaced very soon!
We understand that air conditioner replacement is a stressful process, which is why our professionals are trained and knowledgeable to help you pick the unit that fits best in your home to get you your best comfort. Call us today for more information and to learn what we can do for you!
If you’re interested in finding a new, more efficient air conditioner, check out our guide to SEER.